Presented by the gallery Marlborough Chelsea, the artists Jonah Freeman and Justin Lowe took part in Art Basel’s Unlimited section this year with a large-scale installation called Artichoke Underground. Upon entering the construction through a closet, the visitor walks through a sequence of rooms, the largest of them being a the print shop of the fictional underground publication Artichoke Underground. This video takes you on a tour of Jonah Freeman and Justin Lowe’s installation at Art Basel 2013.
Jonah Freeman & Justin Lowe: Artichoke Underground / Art Basel 2013 Unlimited. Basel (Switzerland), June 11, 2013.
PS: If you like this kind of stuff, have a look at these videos:
- VernissageTV Classics (r3): Christoph Büchel: Hole at Kunsthalle Basel
- Christoph Büchel: Simply Botiful / Hauser & Wirth Coppermill / part 1/3
- Christoph Büchel: Simply Botiful / Hauser & Wirth Coppermill / part 2/3
- Christoph Büchel: Simply Botiful / Hauser & Wirth Coppermill / part 3/3
- Mike Nelson: I, Impostor. British Pavilion, Venice Biennale 2011
- Mike Nelson: A Psychic Vacuum / Old Essex Market, Lower East Side, NYC / Remix
Jonah Freeman & Justin Lowe: Links | Videos | Images | More Images | Books
> Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) this link to download Quicktime video file.