May 12, 2008
For the Gallery Weekend Berlin, Johnen Gallery Berlin presents two videos by the Belgian artist David Claerbout. The first one, entitled “The Algier’s section of a happy moment” shows a small football pitch on a roof top of the Kasbah of Algier. A group of older spectators watches a few younger Maghrebs who have just interrupted their match while one of them feeds seagulls. This moment was caught from numerous perspectives in hundreds of photographs. The second one, “Long Goodbye” is a movement’s video study. At dusk, a woman steps out of a door onto a back porch. She discovers the camera, smiles and waves goodbye. David Claerbout was born in Kortrijk, Belgium in 1969. He lives and works in Antwerp, Belgium. May 4, 2008.
- Frank Nitsche: Drops / Gallery Max Hetzler / Gallery Weekend Berlin 2008
- Nathan Carter / Esther Schipper / Gallery Weekend Berlin 2008
- Frontlines: Notations from the contemporary Indian Urban / BodhiBerlin / Interview with the artistic director Shaheen Merali
- Tatiana Trouvé: Density of Time / Johann König / Gallery Weekend Berlin 2008
- Nobuyoshi Araki: Kinbaku / Jablonka Gallery Berlin / Gallery Weekend Berlin 2008
- Jonathan Lasker, Bernhard Martin at Thomas Schulte Gallery, Berlin / Gallery Weekend Berlin 2008
- Martha Parsey: Milk of Human Kindness / Jarmuschek + Partner / Halle am Wasser, Berlin
Tags: David Claerbout
Comments are closed.