June 19, 2008
German artist Gregor Hildebrandt’s solo show at the booth of Galerie Jan Wentrup, Berlin, at the Art Statements sector of Art 39 Basel 2008 is centred around the film “Les Choses de la vie” by Claude Sautet with Romy Schneider and Michel Piccoli in the leading roles. At the gallery’s booth we met with Tina Wentrup, who provided us with a short introduction to the show. Part of the installation are a granit plate with the Portrait of Romy Schneider etched on it, and – typical for Gregor Hildebrandt – works with pre-recorded cassette tapes, such as a vibrant curtain made from a recording of the mentioned feature film. For Gregor Hildebrandt (born 1974 in Bad Homburg, Germany, lives and works in Berlin), the cassette tape as artistic medium fulfills an important purpose: it enables the artist to add a further, invisible dimension to his pictures. Art 39 Basel, the international art show for modern and contemporary art, June 7, 2008.
- Christian Jankowski: Kunstmarkt TV (Art Market TV) / Klosterfelde / Art 39 Basel
- Art 39 Basel 2008 / Vernissage
- Art 39 Basel 2008 / Art Unlimited / Preview / part 2/2
- Interview with Ellsworth Kelly / Art 39 Basel 2008
- Art 39 Basel 2008 / Art Unlimited / Preview / part 1/2
- Art 39 Basel Week 2008 / Some kind of preview, part 2/2: Art 39 Basel Public Art Projects
- Art 39 Basel Week 2008 / Some kind of preview, part 1/2: Scope Basel Sneak Preview
Tags: Gregor Hildebrandt
Comments are closed.