August 6, 2008
The Rest of Now is the title of the Manifesta 7-exhibition in Bolzano/Bozen, Italy. The Rest of Now, curated by the Raqs Media Collective, is set in the disused Alumix aluminium factory. In the first part of our coverage of Manifesta 7′s “The Rest of Now” we have a look at works by Harold de Bree, M-City, Dayanita Singh, Zilvinas Kempinas, Nikolaus Hirsch & Michael Müller, Candida TV, and Latifa Echakhch.
The Raqs Media Collective is a group of three media pracitioners: Jeebesh Bagchi, Monica Narula and Shuddhabrata Sengupta. Before co-curating Manifesta 7, Raqs Media Collective has presented work at major international shows such as Documenta and Venice Biennale. They live and work in Delhi, based at Sarai, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, an initiative they co-founded in 2000. They are members of the editorial collective of the Sarai Reader series.
Manifesta 7, The European Biennial of Contemporary Art. The Rest of Now. Curated by Raqs Media Collective. Ex Alumix, Bolzano / Bozen, Italy. July 27, 2008. Part 1/2.
- Manifesta 7: Rovereto, Italy / Part 2/2
- Ricardo Jacinto: Labyrinthitis / Manifesta 7, Rovereto
- Manifesta 7: Rovereto, Italy / Part 1/2
- Michael Snow: So Is This / Manifesta 7, Fortezza / Franzensfeste
- Adriana Cavarero: Acoustic Shadows / Manifesta 7, Fortezza / Franzensfeste
- Manifesta 7. The Soul. Trento, Italy / Part 2/2
- Manifesta 7. The Soul. Trento, Italy / Part 1/2
- Piratbyran (The Bureau of Piracy): Please Join the Party / Manifesta 7, Bolzano/Bozen
- Manifesta 7. The Rest of Now. Bolzano/Bozen, Italy / Part 2/2
- Manifesta 7. Scenarios: Collaborative Project for Fortezza / Franzensfeste