August 27, 2008
Adriana Cavarero (born 1947) is a feminist philosopher who lives and works in Verona. She currently is professor of political philosophy at the University of Verona and member of the Expert Group on the Humanities at the European Commission in Brussels. Her work for the Manifesta 7 exhibition in Fortezza / Franzensfeste consists of a dialogue between Plato’s Cave Analogy and herself. She updates the classical text with the “audio architecture” of the fortress.
Adriana Cavarero’s text was recorded by Ant Hampton, Hannes Hoelzl made the sound installation in the space and the “audio architecture”.
Scenarios was realized by Ant Hampton (Dramaturgy), Hannes Hoelzl (Audio Design), Martino Gamper (Furniture Design). For a list with the contributing artists click here.
Manifesta 7, The European Biennial of Contemporary Art. Scenarios. Curated by Adam Budak, Anselm Franke / Hila Peleg, Raqs Media Collective. July 26, 2008.
- Manifesta 7: Rovereto, Italy / Part 2/2
- Ricardo Jacinto: Labyrinthitis / Manifesta 7, Rovereto
- Manifesta 7: Rovereto, Italy / Part 1/2
- Michael Snow: So Is This / Manifesta 7, Fortezza / Franzensfeste
- Manifesta 7. The Soul. Trento, Italy / Part 2/2
- Manifesta 7. The Soul. Trento, Italy / Part 1/2
- Piratbyran (The Bureau of Piracy): Please Join the Party / Manifesta 7, Bolzano/Bozen
- Manifesta 7. The Rest of Now. Bolzano/Bozen, Italy / Part 2/2
- Manifesta 7. The Rest of Now. Bolzano/Bozen, Italy / Part 1/2
- Manifesta 7. Scenarios: Collaborative Project for Fortezza / Franzensfeste
Comments are closed.