April 23, 2009
On the occasion of the upcoming 30th anniversary, the German arts magazine art conceived a photo exhibition that looks back at 30 years of art journalism. art History presents Portraits of 70 artists from the past 30 years, for the first time not in the context of the magazine, but in an independent exhibition. Among the works selected are portraits of Robert Rauschenberg, Daniel Richter, Gilbert & George, Hanne Darboven, Jonathan Meese, Martin Kippenberger, Dash Snow and many other known and not so known artists. Among the photographers are Jürgen Frank, Det Kempke, Robert Lebeck. Robert Lebeck’s portrait of Fernando Botero was the cover of the first edition of art back in October 1979.
In this video, Ute Thon and Editor in Chief Tim Sommer talk about the concept of the exhibition, how they selected the motives – and their favorite photos.
Art History / 30 Years of Art Journalism in Pictures. Art Cologne 2009, April 21, 2009.
> Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) this link to download Quicktime video file.
- Claus Richter: RATS! / Galerie Eva Winkeler / Art Cologne 2009
- Nam June Paik: Venus / Galerie Hans Mayer / Art Cologne 2009
- IMAI presents Michel Auder, Screening Program at Art Cologne 2009
- Julia Horstmann receives Audi Art Award for New Positions / Art Cologne 2009
- Dark Fair Cologne 2009
- Jenny Michel & Micha Hoepfel: Staub (Dust) / Galerie Gillian Morris / Art Cologne 2009
- Mark Thompson in conversation with David Pagel / Talk at Open Space, Art Cologne 2009
- Art Cologne 2009 / Professional Preview + Vernissage
Comments are closed.