April 25, 2009
IMAI Inter Media Art Institute devotes itself to the distribution, preservation and presentation of video and media art. In 2006 IMAI was founded as a non-profit foundation upon the initiative of the City of Duesseldorf and the media art agency 235 MEDIA in Cologne.
At Art Cologne 2009, IMAI showcases video work in the Europa Saal of the Trade Fair Center. Imai is premiering La Plage (1967) / L’Opium (2008) by the Franco-American filmmaker and video artist Michel Auder. It will be screened at the vernissage and then daily from 3 pm. It will alternate with a daily programme of screenings drawn from the imai collection together with promising new video acquisitions.
In this video, IMAI Director Dr. Renate Buschmann talks about IMAI and its screening program at Art Cologne 2009.
Art Cologne, April 23, 2009.
- Claus Richter: RATS! / Galerie Eva Winkeler / Art Cologne 2009
- Nam June Paik: Venus / Galerie Hans Mayer / Art Cologne 2009
- Julia Horstmann receives Audi Art Award for New Positions / Art Cologne 2009
- Dark Fair Cologne 2009
- Jenny Michel & Micha Hoepfel: Staub (Dust) / Galerie Gillian Morris / Art Cologne 2009
- Mark Thompson in conversation with David Pagel / Talk at Open Space, Art Cologne 2009
- Art History / 30 Years of Art Journalism in Pictures / Art Cologne 2009
- Art Cologne 2009 / Professional Preview + Vernissage
Tags: Michel Auder
Comments are closed.