La Biennale di Venezia 2009 / Fare Mondi (Making Worlds) – Palazzo delle Esposizioni in the Giardini
June 8, 2009
On Sunday, June 7, 2009, the 53rd International Art Exhibition Venice Biennale 2009 officially opened its doors. The show is curated by Daniel Birnbaum and is titled Fare Mondi, Making Worlds. VernissageTV starts its coverage with the Palazzo delle Esposizioni (or Biennale Pavilion) in the Giardini. There, visitors find a huge spiderweb-like work by Tomas Saraceno, an installation by Swedish artist Nathalie Djurberg (who won the Silver Lion for a Promising Young Artist in the Fare Mondi / Making Worlds exhibition) and the Café designed by Tobias Rehberger, who won the Golden Lion for the Best Artist of the exhibition Fare Mondi / Making Worlds (with the work “Was du liebst, bringt dich auch zum Weinen).
The Golden Lion for best National Participation was awarded to the United States of America (Pavilion in the Giardini) with the presentation of Bruce Nauman: Topological Gardens. More episodes on the Venice Biennale are coming soon.
La Biennale di Venezia 2009: Fare Mondi (Making Worlds). Professional Preview, June 4, 2009.
- Zilvinas Kempinas: TUBE / Lithuanian Pavilion / Venice Biennale 2009
- Roman Ondak: Loop / Czech and Slovak Pavilion / Venice Biennale 2009
- Liam Gillick / German Pavilion / Venice Biennale 2009
- Elmgreen & Dragset: The Collectors at Venice Biennial 2009 / Interview with Ingar Dragset
- The Collectors. Curated by Elmgreen & Dragset / Danish Pavilion / Venice Biennial 2009
- Mona Hatoum: Interior Landscape / Fondazione Querini Stampalia / Venice, Italy
- Tobias Rehberger: Was du liebst, bringt dich auch zum Weinen (Cafeteria) / Venice Biennale 2009
- Bruce Nauman: Topological Gardens / US Pavilion / 53rd Venice Biennale 2009
- Claude Lévêque: Le Grand Soir / French Pavilion / 53rd Venice Biennale 2009
Comments are closed.