June 10, 2009
This year Claude Lévêque is the artist who represents France at the 53rd International Exhibition of Art – La Biennale di Venezia. At the French Pavilion, he presents an installation entitled “Le Grand Soir”. According to the press release, the work is a uniquely French concept from the eve of the Revolution. “Le Grand Soir” evokes the moment when the world changed.
To support him in this project, Claude Lévêque has selected Christian Bernard, director of the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art in Geneva, as curator.
Claude Lévêque’s works refer to popular culture, to the everyday environment, and to mental images. He creates ambiances, environments and objects while expanding the installation’s dimensions through the use of the sensory effectiveness of light and sound.
La Biennale di Venezia 2009: Fare Mondi (Making Worlds). Professional Preview, June 4, 2009.
- Zilvinas Kempinas: TUBE / Lithuanian Pavilion / Venice Biennale 2009
- Roman Ondak: Loop / Czech and Slovak Pavilion / Venice Biennale 2009
- Liam Gillick / German Pavilion / Venice Biennale 2009
- Elmgreen & Dragset: The Collectors at Venice Biennial 2009 / Interview with Ingar Dragset
- The Collectors. Curated by Elmgreen & Dragset / Danish Pavilion / Venice Biennial 2009
- Mona Hatoum: Interior Landscape / Fondazione Querini Stampalia / Venice, Italy
- Tobias Rehberger: Was du liebst, bringt dich auch zum Weinen (Cafeteria) / Venice Biennale 2009
- Bruce Nauman: Topological Gardens / US Pavilion / 53rd Venice Biennale 2009
- La Biennale di Venezia 2009 / Fare Mondi (Making Worlds) - Palazzo delle Esposizioni in the Giardini
Tags: Claude Lévêque
Comments are closed.