This is part 2 of our coverage of The Soul (or, Much Trouble in the Transportation of Souls), Manifesta 7′s exhibition in Trento, Italy. In this episode we have a look at works by Roee Rosen, Joachim Koester, Andrée Korpys & Markus Löffler, Eyal Sivan, Beth Campbell, Barbara Visser, Karl Holmqvist, and Klaus Weber.
According to the press release, the title of the exhibition, “Much Trouble in the Transportation of Souls”, is a phrase borrowed from Sergei Eisenstein, and “refers to the intention to challenge the borders of duality by which the soul has historically been described – subject and object, interior and exterior, conscious and unconscious, individual and collective, normal and abnormal.”
Manifesta 7, European Biennial of Contemporary Art. Palazzo delle Poste, Trento / Italy. July 27, 2008. Part 2/2.
- Manifesta 7: Rovereto, Italy / Part 2/2
- Ricardo Jacinto: Labyrinthitis / Manifesta 7, Rovereto
- Manifesta 7: Rovereto, Italy / Part 1/2
- Michael Snow: So Is This / Manifesta 7, Fortezza / Franzensfeste
- Adriana Cavarero: Acoustic Shadows / Manifesta 7, Fortezza / Franzensfeste
- Manifesta 7. The Soul. Trento, Italy / Part 1/2
- Piratbyran (The Bureau of Piracy): Please Join the Party / Manifesta 7, Bolzano/Bozen
- Manifesta 7. The Rest of Now. Bolzano/Bozen, Italy / Part 2/2
- Manifesta 7. The Rest of Now. Bolzano/Bozen, Italy / Part 1/2
- Manifesta 7. Scenarios: Collaborative Project for Fortezza / Franzensfeste