This video provides you with some atmospheric shots of VernissageTV’s studio at Art Cologne 2009. With this look back at Art Cologne 2009 we would like to thank the artists, their galleries, the Open Space and Art Cologne teams and everyone who helped to make this project such a success.
In a cooperation with Art Cologne, VernissageTV art tv covered the 43rd Art Cologne that took place in Cologne, Germany from 22nd to 26th April 2009. Like in 2008, VernissageTV’s open studio and screening area was located in the Lounge area of the OPEN SPACE section in Hall 11.3 of the fair.
VernissageTV provided its viewers with atmospheric shots from the fair, recordings of art talks, and in-depth interviews with artists, curators and dealers. The program has been shown on VernissageTV’s web site and its partner channels and in the Lounge area of the fair itself.
Apart from the Art Cologne coverage, VernissageTV presented a video art program. The program included art videos by Matthew Green (represented by Fette’s Gallery), G.H. Hovagimyan (with Christina McPhee, represented by Silverman Gallery), Lisa Kirk, Magdalena von Rudy (represented by Galerie Gillian Morris), The Krasnals, and Heinz Sandoza, 高鼻子 gāo bízi and Lars from Trier (represented by gallery MyVisit). The program was set up like a TV channel with documentaries and feature films, interrupted by what at first glance looks like TV advertising and movie trailers. In addition to that we gave a preview of VernissageTV’s upcoming Videophile Series. The Videophile Series are a collection of videos that are specially edited for this series and are in High Definition resolution. One of the videos we showed in Cologne is Alexandra Bachzetsis’ performance Gold at Kunsthalle Basel.
One of the highlights was the European premiere of the new media video art work Plazaville by G.H. Hovagimyan (with Christina McPhee). Plazaville premiered on April 7, 2009 at Pace Digital Gallery, New York. The work is based on the classic 1965 movie Alphaville by Jean Luc Godard. For more information about the screening program’s artists and works click here (pdf-file).
Art Cologne 2009, Cologne / Germany. April 21 – 26, 2009.
- Interview with Johan Holten, Director Heidelberger Kunstverein / Art Cologne 2009
- Ben Hagari: Weather House / Rosenfeld Gallery / Art Cologne 2009
- Central Nervous System / Art Cologne 2009 / Interview with Tjorg Douglas Beer
- Erik van Lieshout: Im Netz / Museum Ludwig, Cologne
- Claus Richter: RATS! / Galerie Eva Winkeler / Art Cologne 2009
- Nam June Paik: Venus / Galerie Hans Mayer / Art Cologne 2009
- IMAI presents Michel Auder, Screening Program at Art Cologne 2009
- Julia Horstmann receives Audi Art Award for New Positions / Art Cologne 2009
- Dark Fair Cologne 2009
- Jenny Michel & Micha Hoepfel: Staub (Dust) / Galerie Gillian Morris / Art Cologne 2009
- Mark Thompson in conversation with David Pagel / Talk at Open Space, Art Cologne 2009
- Art History / 30 Years of Art Journalism in Pictures / Art Cologne 2009
- Art Cologne 2009 / Professional Preview + Vernissage