June 18, 2008
At Art 39 Basel the gallery Klosterfelde presented a video by German artist Christian Jankowski entitled “Kunstmarkt TV” (Art Market TV), that shows two shopping channel hosts selling artworks via VernissageTV’s live streaming platform in the Open Space section of the international art fair Art Cologne 2008. In this video, we take a look at the video and Matthias v. Stenglin (Klosterfelde) provides us with a short introduction to the work. The performance at Open Space / Art Cologne with the hosts John Dalke und Khadra Sufi was organized by Meyer Kainer Gallery, Vienna. Art 39 Basel, June 7, 2008.
PS: Review at Artnet by Gerrit Gohlke (in German).
PPS: Recorded broadcast after the jump.
Update (January 16, 2009): When the art market goes home shopping at we make money not art.
- Gregor Hildebrandt / Galerie Jan Wentrup / Art 39 Basel 2008
- Art 39 Basel 2008 / Vernissage
- Art 39 Basel 2008 / Art Unlimited / Preview / part 2/2
- Interview with Ellsworth Kelly / Art 39 Basel 2008
- Art 39 Basel 2008 / Art Unlimited / Preview / part 1/2
- Art 39 Basel Week 2008 / Some kind of preview, part 2/2: Art 39 Basel Public Art Projects
- Art 39 Basel Week 2008 / Some kind of preview, part 1/2: Scope Basel Sneak Preview
Tags: Christian Jankowski
Comments are closed.